Recruitment: health democracy project officer
A position is available for a Health Democracy Officer within Insititut Curie's SIRIC program. The candidate will work in close collaboration with the SIRIC management team.
Institut Curie (IC) is a private foundation recognised as being in the public interest which combines two hospitals dedicated to cancer patients and a research centre aimed at improving knowledge of the disease and its treatments.
In 2018, the Institut Curie was awarded the "Integrated Cancer Research Site" (SIRIC) label by the French National Cancer Institute (INCa). This national label aims to strengthen the resources of multidisciplinary research within sites of excellence. The scientific programme of the Curie SIRIC focuses on treatment resistance, mainly in breast cancer, uveal melanoma and paediatric cancers.
As part of the SIRIC label, the Institut Curie is conducting a health democracy programme aimed at improving patients' and their representatives' understanding of research issues, developing consultation and public debate and increasing the participation of patient representatives in the research process.
As part of its SIRIC, the Institut Curie is offering a position for a health democracy officer.
Purpose of the post
To contribute to the development of health democracy within an integrated cancer research site
Within the framework of the SIRIC's health democracy programme :
- Organise the co-construction of research projects with patient representatives, clinicians and researchers (definition of rules of collaboration, setting up an ecosystem favouring interactions, identification of patients wishing to become involved in research, help in bringing together patient representatives and researchers, organisation of meetings and project follow-up, etc.)
- Organising and leading meetings and events with patient representatives and the scientific and medical community (meetings, symposiums, digital events, etc.)
- Develop links with patient associations
- Develop internal and external communication and networking in conjunction with the SIRIC team and the Institut Curie's communication department (creation and implementation of media and content)
- To monitor health democracy actions at national and international level
- Ensuring that SIRIC activities are well coordinated with the hospital's partner patient programme
This position requires excellent interpersonal skills to ensure close and quality interaction with the actors of the different communities.
The candidate may be required to interact with all members of the scientific and medical community on the scientific themes and challenges of cancer research.
University degree, preferably in the humanities, supplemented by a specialisation in communication or a degree from a school specialising in communication or a similar profile
- Rigorous, organised, responsible and with a real capacity for work, the candidate will have to demonstrate responsiveness and autonomy
- Good knowledge of communication tools and social networks
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Human qualities necessary for contact with multiple partners
- Good aptitude for teamwork
- Knowledge of cancer research issues would be a plus
- Experience of working with associations in the field of cancer research would be a plus
- Duration : 18 months
- Workplace : Paris 5th
- Remuneration : depending on the profile and experience
- Start date : as soon as possible
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter by clicking on the blue button or by downloading the job description in the right column.