Who we are
SIRIC-Curie is Institut Curie’s program which is conducted in partnership with the French National Institute of Health and Medical Research (Inserm) and the French National Center for Scientific Research (CNRS).
This SIRIC endorsement should enable a veritable qualitative and quantitative leap in research organization in order to meet challenges identified with current knowledge and anticipated needs in the coming years. Source: INCa
In order to reach this objective the SIRICs have a triple mission: integration, structuring, and use of research results :
- Mission 1: Elaborate and conduct a certain number of integrated research programs within a national and international collaborative network. The ultimate objective is to reduce the incidence of cancer and its mortality and to improve patient care.
- Mission 2: Establish the necessary infrastructure and resources to conduct research responding to the criteria of excellence, innovation, integration, multidisciplinarity and transfert to the clinic (technological platforms, research support structures, protected time for clinicians, attractiveness for new researchers etc.)
- Mission 3: Ensure the application and dissemination of results and acquired knowledge
To carry out these missions we are supported by a steering committee, an international scientific advisory board and a number of workgroups.
Our international scientific advisory board
This board made up of international experts advises the SIRIC on strategic orientation. The members are:
- Alain Fischer, MD, PhD, Professor at the Chair of Experimental Medicine at the Collège de France, Paris
- Angelika Eggert, MD, PhD, Director of the Department of Paediatrics mS Oncology and Hematology at Charité – Universitätsmedizin, Berlin
- Charlotte Coles, MD, Consultant Clinical Oncologist, Cancer Research UK, Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Ilaria Malanchi, PhD, Group leader “Tumor-host interaction”, Francis Crick Institute, London
- Jean-Charles Soria, MD, PhD, Senior Vice President and Head of the Oncology Innovative Medicines unit (iMED) at MedImmune, Gaithersburg
- Lonneke van de Poll-Franse, MD, Group leader Psychosocial Research and Epidemiology at Netherland Cancer Institute
- Ignacio Melero, MD, PhD, Professor of Immunology at Navarre University and Center for Applied Medical Research (CIMA), Navarre
- Stephen Chanock, MD, Director of the Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetic Programs, National Cancer Institute, Director of the Translational Genomics Research Laboratory, Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetic Programs, National Cancer Institute
Financement des SIRICs
Le financement des SIRICs est assuré conjointement par une dotation de l'Institut National du Cancer (INCa), du ministère en charge de la Santé (DGOS) et de l'Institut National de la recherche médicale (Inserm) pour le compte de l'Alliance pour les sciences de la vie et de la santé (Aviesan).